Accurate Detection of Glaucoma: Screening, OCT and Visual Field Correlations
Join us for an online interactive webinar presented by Pinakin Davey, OD, PhD, FAAO, FARVO
Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 8:30pm EST
1-Hour COPE #78681-GL
The lecture covers various updates and clinical considerations in visual field testing and advances in new and old perimetric techniques for diagnosis and management of glaucoma along with structure and function correlations.
You will learn:
- Various considerations in visual filed testing, type. Strategy of tests
- Macula analysis and its importance in glaucoma and visual field testing
- Various limitations of blindspot monitoring, and understand reliability indices
- Various specific analyses provided by visual fields
- OCT and visual field correlations
- New specific perimetric techniques and various errors in testing.
- Cases highlighting structure and function correlations and discordance
*supported by an unrestricted grant by Haag-Streit, USA
Dr. Pinakin Davey is a tenured professor at Western University of Health Sciences. His research focuses on glaucoma and retinal physiology, particularly on imaging and visual function in health and disease states. He serves as the VP of the Ocular Wellness and Nutrition Society and is a frequent lecturer in the US and abroad. Dr. Davey has been recognized for his optometric contributions- CA Optometric Association’s Young OD of the Year, Excellence in Optometric Education Award, and Western U Provost’s Distinguished Scholar Award.